Username: Password:

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Washburn Dealers Section / Re: One of a kind prototype Tele-bodied Stage Series A-5
« Last post by bigcity2 on February 22, 2018, 05:32:42 PM »
It was sold to me by a friend of someone who worked at the Washburn factory in the 80s

There was no USA Washburn factory in the 80s ?! So....no one could have worked at a place that didn't exist..... Everything was imported through about 1991......I can assure you, this is not a prototype.

Someone has simply taken parts from different guitars, put them together ( for whatever reason), and then offered up a cock and bull story about this being a prototype...... 

There's just too many things wrong with this so called Prototype....like a WT-4 bound body blank attached to an unbound A-5 neck ..... the control strip set at an odd angle (designed to be set parallel to the instrument neck) ....a piece of pick guard material under the bridge apparently hiding a routed cavity?

Washburn Dealers Section / One of a kind prototype Tele-bodied Stage Series A-5
« Last post by jicolson on February 22, 2018, 02:30:54 PM »
Hello- A long time ago, i came into possession of what seems to be a rare Washburn prototype. It was sold to me by a friend of someone who worked at the Washburn factory in the 80s. It is allegedly a one of a kind prototype A-5 Stage Series with a Tele Shaped body. all of the appointments are the same as the Explorer shaped version, except it has a Tele Body.

I figured this would be the place to share this, as it seems like an interesting piece of Washburn history.

I currently have it up for sale on Reverb: https://reverb.com/item/10514188-washburn-a-5-one-of-a-kind-prototype-1980-s-red

Would be interested to see if anyone has any info on this.. or would be interested in purchasing.
This is not an MG-100.

This is an MG-200 Special imported from Korea.

Okay. How about this?

This is not an MG-100.

This is an MG-200 Special imported from Korea.

Alright... thanks for the help. How much do you think it costs? is the price fair for what I'll get?
Counterfeit or not ?
Hello!

It's me again, with another guitar detective hunt.

I've found this Mercury MG100 in very good condition and the guy is only selling it for 130$.

I've already searched on google images for any references to see if it's actually real or not, but I couldn't find much.

What threw me off was in the only photos I could find, the backplate on the neck is in a different shape than in the image this guy put up with his guitar.

Thanks BigCity2. I've been in touch with the dealer over here, I'll go back to them with this info.
Guitar Care, Repair, Modification & Lutherie / Classical C64SCE pickup/preamp faulty?
« Last post by johnk on February 22, 2018, 05:24:35 AM »
Hi, i bought a classical 64SCE about 2 years ago and i have not used the output jack on the guitar before as i am just a beginner.  A few days ago i  plugged the guitar into my pc to try to do some recording using the internal pickup.  The 3rd (and 4th strings) are much louder than the 3 base strings.  Is this normal?  I am not sure if the pickup is faulty or something needs to be setup properly.  i just changed the strings and it made no difference.  I took it back to the shop and the technician told me that it is normal and just due to the very thick G string.  i have written a couple of emails to Washburn asking for advice, but heard nothing.  Anyone have any advice to offer?  Faulty amp, or setup needs adjustment ?
Thanks in advance.
Show Us Your Washburn / Re: Please Help Identify?
« Last post by Da5idNZ on February 22, 2018, 01:35:52 AM »
Thanks so much! You guys really are very knowledgeable :)
That is something I can go back to the insurance with now.

Washburn Dealers Section / Washburn WM100 value!!?
« Last post by Aleksxx on February 21, 2018, 11:29:49 PM »
So here it is, i have a washburn WM100 :-X (i already know the wm100 is basically
The top of the maverick series, custom shop, handmade in usa...) i wonder how much is it worth
Considering its in pretty good shape ( few dings here and there but nothing major)
Plays like a dream... i just really want a gibson atm and dont know how much i can get for my guit
Btw i dont know how to upload pics on the forum but its a red one, with a pretty wicked top!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10