Username: Password:

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
If there's actual twist to the neck, the trussrods of the era will do very little to correct it. A twist can sometimes be carefully heated, & twisted back into alignment... but it'll eventually fall back into its old habit. If it's not severe, the best way to deal with it would be to defret the beast, plane the fretboard, then refret -- though, again, it may continue to twist.

Although I do own a Washburn, I have another one from different company as well and I was looking for information about the "twist to the neck" for it. And Tony Raven's suggestion "defret the beast, plane the fretboard, then refret" worked successfully for me.
Show Us Your Washburn / Washburn EA10N Festival series 1994
« Last post by 29agosto2009 on May 22, 2018, 08:48:02 AM »
Good afternoon,

I'm new to the forum

I have a Washburn as the title suggests; someone could tell me what his value could be today?
The serial number is 94030341 and looking in the Washburn archive it should be from '94.
At the time the list price of the guitar is shown at 680 dollars but today I do not know how much it can be.

Thanks very much for any answers
I have a Japanese Made Washburn D-31S. The tuners are stamped with a George Washburn emblem. The nut is solid brass as are the bridge insert and bridge pins. The top appears to be a fine grained spruce. I am not sure of the timber used for the back and sides but the back appears to be book matched with a central decorative spine.
The serial number on the bottom brace is 90928. On the neck block there appears to be a capital letter N and below tha the number 807221. There is a Made in Japan sticker on the Headstock.
Hopefully someone can satisfy my curiosity
Dave P

Vintage and Rare Washburns / Re: Washburn D-68 Made in the USA???
« Last post by DaveTrees on May 20, 2018, 01:40:08 AM »

I have a love for the volutes, too...once I get my D62SW repaired I'll post a few photos of the volute on that one, it's unique in my experience. The head on the D62SW is a "Martin-style", not the V-head (which yours is) or the crown-head.

Will be interesting to see those photos Dugly ... what's "different" about the volute ?  I also have a D62SW (serial #804825) so will be interesting to compare them.

Dave
Thanks,
N Series (Nuno Bettencourt) / 1991 Nuno Bettencourt N2 NM for sale
« Last post by abcdefh on May 18, 2018, 02:04:42 PM »
http://rvrb.io/1991-rare-nuno-bet-nfucq3

Any reasonable offer accepted

Please message me with any questions

Thanks for looking!
Washburn Dealers Section / 1991 Nuno Bettencourt N2NM for sale
« Last post by abcdefh on May 18, 2018, 02:03:05 PM »
http://rvrb.io/1991-rare-nuno-bet-nfucq3

Any reasonable offer accepted

Please message me with any questions

Thanks for looking!
Acoustic Guitar Players Post Comments & Questions / Re: Help pricing my WD 750SW
« Last post by 6Alli on May 18, 2018, 02:02:59 PM »
Hi!
It appears that the WD750SW was discontinued in 2012, based on what I read on the few threads that discussed that model.

Regards,
Alli.
Vintage and Rare Washburns / unknown model
« Last post by adrianstern on May 18, 2018, 01:59:49 PM »
Hi.
My guitar seems to be type D-25S/N and serial number 8907072. There is no label but a definite George Washburn brand inside
The neck ends in an indented V and the pegs are gold-coloured
It has a finger board and fancy dots - lozenge shaped in mother of pearl except on the octave where it's like cow horns
There's an inlay down the centre of the back and two black stripes along the back of the neck
A light-coloured wood top, the rest being a darker brown
Any ideas?
I'll post some pics later
Bantam Basses / Re: Washburn XB-500 Bridge Replacement
« Last post by fuxuvu on May 18, 2018, 06:55:37 AM »
The forum of the guitar is extremely implemented for the happiness of the people. The use of the guitar and superiorpapers reviews has been inside for the use of the tools for the learning of the guitar for the future programs of the singing.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10