Username: Password:

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Dear Washburn enthousiasts, I recently acquired a 1984 headless black/red Bantam 6-string (not bass)... or rather the remains of one.
It's missing the 3-pin bridge and some bit & bobs...
I believe those components were made bij Washburn, but is there still a source where these can be obtained ?
If not, any valid replacement parts that would "almost" drop in ?
Many thanks in advance for the tips & support.
I just received the last WSJ60SKELITE cedar topped elite model WMS had in stock. It's very finely crafted and the cedar top gives it a very warm and broken in sound. They had sent me the 50 spruce topped one at first by mistake which was a nice guitar but it sounded too bright. I am glad they found the 60 in the warehouse. The cedar top on this one is very nice with extremely tight and uniform grains. I'm in the process of setting it up. The action was too low so I'm fitting another bone saddle to get the action where I want it and I replaced the stock tuners with much higher quality Gotoh sealed tuners. I will report back soon and also post pics.
Discuss Basses and Bass Playing / Re: Washburn Wing Bass
« Last post by Boucaria on March 22, 2018, 01:39:11 AM »
I loved the pic of the "Blonde" washburn. At least that is what I call mine. It was made in 1978, and I traded for it by giving some memory simms for the bass. Still own it, but I am trying to get it back from the States. I played it since 1979, and especially from 2003 to 2012 in the States. I had the original case, but by the time I was in the States, the only thing holding it together was gaffer tape. I tried to get a case after 2012, but the width of the body was 14 "inches"( as I recall) and the music stores and online sellers said that "most wing basses " are 12 across. Consequently I could not get a case. Anyway, I am trying to freight it to here, since I have had the Wing Washburn since 1978-79 ( Played in 78, traded in 79). I had a Black Eagle prior to that wish I still had it. Anyway, the wing bass has the best sustain, but is heavier than almost any other wing bass I have played, however I would never trade or sell it since the sound is great with the right strings and the action has never needed adjusting, nice and low with no buzzing on frets.
Yeah, Ship...lots of companies "downsizing" now in this competitive business environment and we can certainly expect that trend to continue. I agree...what a shame! We get a lot of great potential members who make a one-time request (usually for wiring instructions/valuations) and we never again hear from them. I know this is a common phenomenon in our industry (in fact I was a "one post wonder" on the Takamine guitar forum), but I'd like to suggest that the support services provided by our forum members would be likely to reduce the magnitude of demand that would become Washburn's responsibility if this forum "disappears".

A bit of "moderator support" would be nice now and then. I can only post from work until this iPhone issue is resolved...and I am one of our most active posters.

Dugly 8)
Show Us Your Washburn / Re: an X in red
« Last post by benmmc on March 19, 2018, 04:36:16 PM »
Playing guitar while changing lightbulbs, sounds like something I would do!

Sweet X! I once heard a man say "If it ain't red, paint it!" :D
Show Us Your Washburn / My "Office" Guitar
« Last post by benmmc on March 19, 2018, 04:32:39 PM »
Hello all,

Thought I'd share photos I recently took of my new acoustic guitar that I keep at my office, so I can play away from home. It's a Festival Series EA15/ATB. Incidentally, this one gets played more than the ones sitting at home nowadays. :D

I was looking for an inexpensive guitar, and I played a few that I didn't like. I even bought an Ovation on craigslist that I now am trying to sell. When I played this one, I loved it. Loved the feel, the smallish body, the sound, the finish, etc. $250 very well spent, in my opinion. Even bought the Washburn hard case for it!

Here are some photos:

Hollowbody & Jazz Series / Re: HB35S date and country made?
« Last post by Cornish Boy on March 19, 2018, 05:17:07 AM »
Hi Frank, pretty sure your HB was made in the Samick Factory in Korea in 2002. nice instruments.
Hollowbody & Jazz Series / HB35S date and country made?
« Last post by FrankT on March 17, 2018, 08:45:11 PM »

I bought my HB35S in New Jersey around 2004 ish.  I purchased it after seeing the review in Guitarist magazine.  The magazine listed the price at around $1200 if I remember.  I paid around $850.

Anyway, I've seen other HB35S's and they've all had a place name on the back of the headstock, usually Korea.
Mine only has the serial number.  SK020404020.  Just noticed the S/N reads same backwards as forwards :) .
Picture here:  Click to view.

Pic of internal label:

Also, mine has AAA grade flame sycamore on back and front, sides are AAA grade maple.
Front and back body pics:

So what year/country was my guitar made?

Thanks bigcity2, that's the same as mine. Appreciated.
Hi all, Newbie here. Having scanned numerous posts I can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

I recently acquired a Washburn G10-v (HSS pickup config' with 3x pickup on/off switches - Wonderbar Trem) with a 6 digit serial number 550***.
It has the 'hockey stick' style headstock.

I am assuming it's Japan made (don't know what factory) 1985 model but can you tell me if this is a Panther series or Force series guitar?

Many thanks

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10