Username: Password:

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Vintage and Rare Washburns / Re: How do you post pics?
« Last post by YerDugliness on Today at 12:46:17 PM »
To post photos, take a look at the information in the first "sticky" on the General Discussion board. It's all about posting photos, which suddenly got much more difficult when Photobucket decided to discontinue their free service offerings.

Cheers!

Dugly 8)
Show Us Your Washburn / Re: My Washburn
« Last post by YerDugliness on Today at 12:43:49 PM »
To post photos, take a look at the information in the first "sticky" on the General Discussion board. It's all about posting photos, which suddenly got much more difficult when Photobucket decided to discontinue their free service offerings.

Cheers!

Dugly 8)
General Discussion / Washburn comfort series?
« Last post by HarryJS on Today at 01:48:51 AM »
in the market for an acoustic/electric with a cutaway. Local GC had some Washburn's.... nice necks, played well, good price. So I'm looking online and found the Comfort series- AC/EL with a tummy cut and a forearm contour....looks interesting, but none of my local shops have one..... curious if anyone has played these.

It's going to be a live, plugged in guitar. I've got a couple of nice acoustic only guitars, so I'm looking for a live workhorse......

thoughts?
« Last post by Done By You on January 17, 2018, 05:26:03 PM »
Hi! I have this serial number N02081336, made in Korea, but i don't know what type of N series it is. Looks like n4, but... :)
I wanna value this guitar, but i don't know from where to start.
Thanx!
Vintage and Rare Washburns / How do you post pics?
« Last post by Jarcloe on January 17, 2018, 03:12:35 PM »
Wanting to post a guitar pic on here, and have downloaded Photobucket but not having any luck in posting the pic😞
Vintage and Rare Washburns / Re: D-30-SN (cedar/bird's eye maple)
« Last post by Stuart Harrison on January 16, 2018, 04:30:37 AM »
I'll take some pics and try to get them posted here today.
The F (folk) model was about a 000 size guitar.
Looks and sounds very sweet at that size - great for recording.
Thanks for the help on dating - I remembered it being from about 87 but couldn't remember where I got that from.

Washburn must have gotten hold of a lot of bird's eye maple because I remember seeing it all over their guitars in the early/mid 90's.
Didn't seem as good though and other makers started doing bad photo-transfer fake bird's eye maple (before switching to bad fake PRS type flame tops).
N Series (Nuno Bettencourt) / N4 Authentic production
« Last post by RoyKam on January 16, 2018, 01:53:19 AM »
Hi all,
After waiting some 20 years to realize my dream, I have finally ordered one 2 weeks ago, only to discover now that the custom shop has closed some 2 years ago.
I understand that they are still built in the USA, is it true?
Also, does anyone know if they are still as good as they were?
« Last post by gusto on January 15, 2018, 09:10:39 PM »
Hey Tony,

Thanks a ton for the info.  I recently realized that the model number is right above the plate with Serial Number.  It reads SS10=B.  I googled for that model number but didn't find anything.  Do you know any specifics about this particular model number?

Thanks again for your help,

Gusto-
Vintage and Rare Washburns / Re: D-30-SN (cedar/bird's eye maple)
« Last post by MapleFlix on January 15, 2018, 04:27:29 PM »
Hi Stuart,
very interesting. you say yours is an F-model?  8)
could you post a picture to compare some details?

as for the serial, I think it's looks like the same system, mine being from 1989, yours from 1987.
General Discussion / Help to date a Washburn Hb-35
« Last post by melpi65 on January 15, 2018, 10:00:03 AM »
Good afternoon :)

I would like some help to date my HB-35, i tried reading all the post about dating HB-35 but i don't see it very clear honestly.

I have the following serial number

As far as i understand is a Korean one...but as i read also that the japanse guitars sttoped on '92 so i'm not so sure about this.

Can you please help me?

Thank you!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10