Username: Password:

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Discuss Basses and Bass Playing / Washburn Force ABT B-10 nut broken
« Last post by pups on November 14, 2017, 02:38:56 AM »
Hello everyone
sorry for my bad English
I have a very old abt b-10 electric bass that has broken the nut.
where could I retrieve a compatible replacement for the instrument?
thank you all

the image url:
https://1drv.ms/i/s!Ao_JhIHdubSkgoZYedr95TJ927RmVQ
Hi, I am looking for dime3 chrome headstock logo. Do you have decal ? If you have head decal sell me or an illustration file, please send me to klopaer@gmail.com
Bantam Basses / Re: WAshburn XB122 bad preamp
« Last post by Tony Raven on November 13, 2017, 01:04:34 AM »
Photos need to be placed at some online site, from which you can import htem with an [ img ] tagset.

Anyway, speaking as an actual guitar tech 8) the kid at the GC counter is NOT an authority.

If you get a "pop" then nothing, I'd suspect a break or short first, rather than the preamp. To me, sounds like a bad battery connection across the jack.

I have no idea what an XB-122 is.  ??? The 120 ended 2004. In any case, it's likely LONG gone & there's about zero chance of a factory replacement, seeing as the company has changed hands since. For me, there's little upside to reworking a $200 instrument except for he experience.

As the (happy) owner of an XB-400 & XB-500, a downside is that the mini-pots easily sieze up due to humidity. They need a shot of something like Caig DeoxIT to have a chance of working right.
Hi, I am looking for dime3 chrome headstock logo. Do you have decal ?
 If you have head decal sell me or an illustration file, please send me to klopaer@gmail.com
Signature Series / I am looking for dime3 chrome headstock logo
« Last post by lukenuno on November 12, 2017, 10:50:13 PM »
Hi, I am looking for dime3 chrome headstock logo. Do you have decal ?
If you have head decal sell me or an illustration file, please send me to klopaer@gmail.com
Guitar Care, Repair, Modification & Lutherie / Washburn wa90ce nut installation
« Last post by Eprater on November 12, 2017, 05:37:36 PM »
     Anyone have any recommendations as to where I should get a good bone nut? I just got this guitar in and it came with plastic nuts. Also can't find anywhere to find the specs on my nut or saddle. I don't really want to take the chance of wrong measurement. If anyone knows where to find that information that would be very helpful as well.
Bantam Basses / WAshburn XB122 bad preamp
« Last post by TeriCo on November 11, 2017, 07:38:53 PM »
I have a Washburn bass XB 122 Bantam series. I recently replaced the output jack thinking this was the problem (popping like a MoFo and then dead silence. I can fool around with it and it'll work for a minute or two and then BAM! pooping and down in the water again). I took it  Guitar Center tonight and the guy told me that the preamp needs replacing, but eh dint; check the wiring inside, Anyone have a problem with the preamp on this particular bass and if so, what was a good replacement? Go easy on me- I am not an electronics whiz; I'm an English teacher :)   The serial number on the back metal plate reads: 0C05110863
If someone can walk me through posting pics I can post what the inside with preamp looks like.
Idol Series / Re: What did I get?!?
« Last post by Tony Raven on November 11, 2017, 06:44:04 PM »
The WI-14 only had a hardtail bridge. It's possible someone routed it out for a trem, though I'd be surprised they'd do this with the cheapest Idol. BlueBook says the 14 was built 2004-2010, but there's some "slop factor" in the numbering system so 2003 would not be impossible. The 14 was available in Walnut finish -- you don't say what the color is.

Trussrod covers can be changed.
There's little demand for good Washburns, especially in the local market (as opposed to online). My D-46CESPK is near-mint, & I'd take $450, but I'd likely wait months before getting any interest, & even then probably go below $400.

All in all, asking price depends what's more important: maximizing price, or moving it along in the foreseeable future. It's a flashy axe, so you might just have to do some fishing: "$500 or best offer, cash only." There's no law that says you MUST take the best offer, particularly if it's so low you'd rather just donate the guitar to Goodwill. :( You can always ratchetthe price down if you get tired of waiting, or contact the high bidder(s) to negotiate.
Guitar Care, Repair, Modification & Lutherie / Re: Bridge Ground on WM100
« Last post by Tony Raven on November 11, 2017, 06:29:22 PM »
Just looked it up: the WM-100 has a two-piece TOM-style bridge.

In any case, if the strings & the jack are connected, all is well.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10