Username: Password:

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Here's a link to an album that will feature other Washburn musical instruments and accessories:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/159123811@N05/albums/72157697938500602
General Discussion on Washburn Electric Guitars / Re: Can someone ID this please
« Last post by Butcho on September 08, 2018, 08:14:17 PM »
So do you think that plate is accurate on the back of the neck?

Is it made in USA ?

And are you saying the neck may have been replaced ?
General Discussion on Washburn Electric Guitars / Re: Can someone ID this please
« Last post by Butcho on September 08, 2018, 07:21:34 PM »
Thanks for the reply bigcity2

Will be a good guitar for the children to use then
Show Us Your Washburn / Rare Trans Green PS2000
« Last post by wyobones on September 08, 2018, 10:22:43 AM »
Hello fellow ROCKERS!  I need help with finding more about a One of One custom shop PS2000 Trans Green that i acquired a LONG time ago.  It has been in a display case in my home for well over a decade plus.  It is the ONLY Trans Green Flame PS2000 produced.  Some guitar shop in like 1998 commissioned a special run of colors.  A guitar shop long out of business bought 4 of them when the original shop went out of business.  I originally saw this in Fort Collins in like 1998-1999 with a PURPLE, Yellow, and Blue trans flame versions.  That outfit went under and a broker in Fort Collins Co bought them out, posted it on Ebay, I owned it in 45 minute drive.  Originally i remember them being like $10,000.  I bought it for a fraction of that amount.  I have contacted Washburn, they did confirm a special run of colors were made for a dealer but had NO other info for me.  I have searched for like 18 years on EBAY for another of the colors i saw originally at the Fort Collins dealer.  Have NEVER seen another. It has case, Certificate of authenticity, etc.  It is real.  Serial number is 9908013.  I believe it is a 1998 PS2000.  It IS a PS 2000, but i believe it to be a 1998.  Anyone know ANYTHING about this?  Anyone seen another?  My profile picture is the actual guitar.  Please help if you know anything about it.  I do know it is one of one green ever made.  I do know there was a purple one(that i would kill to find), yellow, blue also.  Color is TGN or TGR. Trans Green flame.  It is BADASS, that's for sure.  Would like to know more about these special editions.  Thank you
Signature Series / Re: WTB Dime st-pro
« Last post by Adsixnine on September 08, 2018, 04:12:49 AM »
++++ :o
General Discussion on Washburn Electric Guitars / Can someone ID this please
« Last post by Butcho on September 08, 2018, 12:44:52 AM »
Bought this recently and cant seem to find much about it.

Any help appreciated

https://i.imgur.com/ygofxS6.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/0Z6Fqip.jpg
Discuss Basses and Bass Playing / Re: Force 42 questions
« Last post by Kai Mexico on September 07, 2018, 03:11:09 PM »
Hi There ! I just got my Washburn Force 42 Bass guitar and I realy wonder if there is any more information about it. I could not find any serial number or anything. It is a very nice bass guitar but it would be cool if there is any further information.

You can put usual strings on it, and be careful with the clamp on the top piece. Don't confuse them because you might get a problem with the highest string.

Idol Series / Re: The Idol has risen from the dead!!
« Last post by cedwards on September 06, 2018, 01:47:58 PM »
+1, especially this: "If you're gonna go after LP players, then renew the WI-45, & make it an upgrade path to the WI-66PRO", this: "Make the BFTS a $20 option" and this: "Make the VCC an OPTION".

Still loving the WI-45 (though my daughter has it now) and, though I have not done it, I do like the WI-66 upgrade path.
Hey guys,

I recently purchased a ~1989 Washburn Monterey Artist guitar. It's got the passive, 2-knob EQ/sound control knobs. Both of my other acoustic guitars (both are Fender) have an onboard pre-amp, and that's what I'm used to. I'm curious as to how the passive sound controls will affect the sound when I plug it up, and I was wondering if any of you guys/gals had any input you'd be willing to share.

I'll be using it mostly for solo acoustic gigs, but do play with a band some. I've got a 2-channel, 45-watt Behringer Ultracoustic amp, and a TC-Helicon PlayAcoustic harmony/effects/looping pedal, and I think that should be adequate for boosting the guitar sound, but would appreciate any suggestions!

Thanks,

-WHW
Idol Series / Re: The Idol has risen from the dead!!
« Last post by Tony Raven on September 05, 2018, 02:06:17 AM »
MY TAKE --

Truly, it is GREAT to see the Idols back, considering that (to this outsider) the WI-64 looked like a solid seller AND used to have good endorsements & metalhead cachet.

...but the line was brutally terminated almost a decade ago, flushing all that goodwill & top-of-mind presence down the toilet.

The price -- rather, the perceived price:value ratio -- will probably kill this exuberance quickly.

Right this moment I'm considering  a flametop WM-100, asking $725 delivered, with OHSC. And there's a walnut-top BT-6 seeking $350 & a semihollow WI-67 ($300) -- the change from that $799 buys a LOT of upgrade.

I can admire pretty wood, but it takes cachet to sell it at a premium, & those buyers seeking cachet tend to go toward "names" -- Gibson, Fender, PRS.

At the end of the day, the model numbers themselves make clear that's a WI-26 & a WI-16 -- so NOT top-of-the-line. I'd feel weird passing up a perfect WI-64 for under $400 in order to spend much more on a "pretty pretty" axe.

Strip it down!! You don't have to stoop so low as bringing back the WI-14, but why not the WI-18?? If you're gonna go after LP players, then renew the WI-45, & make it an upgrade path to the WI-66PRO. Certainly the WIT-16 ought to RIGHT THIS VERY MOMENT be being relentlessly flogged as a quality option to a Tele (especially with that pickup wiring!).

And whose bright idea was it to demote the WIS-26 rather than make it a proper heir to the WI-64DL???

Make the BFTS a $20 option; if nobody thinks it's worth a double sawbuck, then you'll maybe realize it's nonsense. Better yet, get Buzzy to pay Washburn $20 per axe, seeing as how this is the last company to be giving him so much free publicity in EVERY press release & webpage & stamped on all those guitars.

Make the VCC an OPTION. Personally, I like it, & could see myself paying an extra $40, maybe a bit more. However, it loses track of the unshakeable FACT that guitarists are a primitive, superstitious people -- many believe their frets are made of silver!! :o -- & easily frightened by anything new that isn't being fobbed off on them by some Guitar God. Therefore, the VCC needs a full relaunch: multiple YouTube demos, paid articles in the magazines, its own corner of the NAMM booth, a prominent or soon-to-break endorser who gets LOTS of media exposure & raves about the VCC in interviews.

Without those things, it's a total waste, & very few people are going to rip the guts out of a NEW $800 guitar when they could just get a standard Epi LP.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10