Username: Password:

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Idol Series / Re: The Idol has risen from the dead!!
« Last post by Tony Raven on September 05, 2018, 01:53:44 AM »
Hi, Administrator!!!

I am reporting an error.

In the previous posts, I am unable to load more than ten words at a time, as little as four. After two or three modifications, that minimal functionality often ceases entirely.

I am VERY tired of seeing that G*DDAMNED STUPID

Database Error
Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.
ten and more times and STILL getting nowhere.

Thanks for your swift action.

General Discussion / Re: serial numbers: before you ask...
« Last post by hugifar on September 05, 2018, 01:44:30 AM »
Users of the serial numbers will get lots of enjoyment with take help from here that is very nice option. People buy written papers from superiorpapers com here on required topics and get best writing helps in easy way.
The inlays in the DC80 are going to be Mother of Pearl.  It continues to be difficult to navigate the letter of the law for Fish and Wildlife regs.

Ideally, do you know anyone in the states who is flying to your location?  I realize that there doesn't seem to be any absolutes in traveling overseas with your guitar.  If you could have someone bring it over on a flight, you will not have to file anything with FW if it declared as personal property.  I just flew American Airlines to the UK with a guitar with Pearl inlay and a rosewood board.  TSA was a breeze to get thru, and the American Airlines crew was very quick to accommodate by putting the guitar in the closet in 1st class.  No questions, issues, holdups or problems.  Hoping that might be an option.

Baby Jumbo Series / Re: Good buy at Best Buy.
« Last post by NateSmoke on September 04, 2018, 01:37:01 PM »
I was looking for the same answer!

Nathan Smoker
Real Estate Photography Charlotte NC
Hey guys, just wanted to follow up with an update about the guitar. I've had it about a week now and I've got no complaints! The serial number is, in fact, 90210, but I have been unable to spot any other form of ID other than where 'Monterey Artist' is stamped. It plays extremely well and sounds good too, both plugged in and unplugged!

Thanks again for your help guys!
Is there a place I can type the S/N number in etc and see it's info?
No; few serial numbers work that way. Yours probably begins with "I-" which likely means Indonesia so probably Cort manufacture. The next digit is probably the last digit of its manufacture year; the two after that might be the month; the last four digits indicate how many Washburn guitars (of various series) had been completed at that point in that month, the actual "serial number."

It's a Washburn maverick bt-4  in Metallic black (mint condition by the way)
I can only mind bt-6's. In the same colour?
The pricelists indicate that in 1998 the BT-6 was available in Metalflake Black (MFB). Does the paint actually have metallic glitter in it?

apparently it's quite rare

Washburn has many oddities, almost all of which have little added value because there's so little market demand.

The BT-2 and BT-4 are -- by far! -- the most common Mavericks, and can readily be found for less than $100, sometimes less than $50.

They are very good instruments, and moreso at that price. As my signature line (below) indicates, I own three, or four if you count the JB-80.
Announcements & News / Re: Chicago Custom Shop -- HELP ME
« Last post by Tony Raven on September 03, 2018, 02:45:22 AM »
Thanks! That does fill in some gaps in my ongoing study of the Mavericks. Now if I could only determine whether the BT-2Q and BT-4Q used film (as the pricelists say) or was veneer or cap... ;)
Inherited early my dad's old guitar as he never has time to play and he told me he never had time to play it, apparently it's quite rare so I started to search around but I can't find a mwtch.

It's a Washburn maverick bt-4  in Metallic black (mint condition by the way)

I can only mind bt-6's. In the same colour?

Is there a place I can type the S/N number in etc and see it's info?
Idol Series / Re: The Idol has risen from the dead!!
« Last post by Tony Raven on September 02, 2018, 12:30:29 AM »

Washburn Idol WIS26MRK-D
The WIS, short for Washburn Idol Standard is inspired by the original Washburn WI64 ... a set-neck 24-3/4" scale length guitar with two USA Made Seymour Duncan Humbucker pickups and ... Voice Contour Control ("VCC") wiring. ... USA made Seymour

GearNews.com: "Washburn Idol range makes a comeback in 2018"
https://www.gearnews.com/washburn-idol-range-makes-a-comeback-in-2018/
Idol Series / The Idol has risen from the dead!!
« Last post by Tony Raven on September 02, 2018, 12:16:24 AM »
If this is all for real & not some sort of off-kilter April Fool gag, it really deserves some HUGE fanfare in the sites & magazines YouTube & certainly on Washburn's social media!!

Or maybe even in the Forums area.

::)

UPSIDE: Grover tuners are FINALLY back.
DOWNSIDE: if WMS doesn't have them, likely nobody has them... & WMS doesn't have them.
BUMMER: they have appeared on eBay, for $799, but maybe that's MSRP... ???
WEIRDSIDE: they brought back not only the BFTS superstition but the much-unloved VCC. :o Both ought to be made OPTIONS before they scare the sheep.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10