Username: Password:

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
General Discussion / Odd Oscar Smchidt guitar
« Last post by townie on January 08, 2018, 08:00:38 AM »
I have an Oscar Schmidt guitar, Model OG4. Looks like its made in Korea. It is unique compared to what I can find on the internet. It has a flat head instead of the crowned type heads I see on most of this type. I was wondering if anyone had any information on this instrument.

Acoustic Guitar Players Post Comments & Questions / Re: D17CEWR
« Last post by Trailsend on January 07, 2018, 04:02:00 PM »
Thank you very much.
Acoustic Guitar Players Post Comments & Questions / Re: D17CEWR
« Last post by Tony Raven on January 07, 2018, 12:44:45 PM »
Since it's Wine Red, it's got a flame-maple top (laminate). Those were sold 1992-1997; yours is likely 1993.

That was probably before China. It might be early Indonesia (that factory opened 1992), but somewhat more likely Korea.

N Series (Nuno Bettencourt) / Re: N2 help with serial number
« Last post by Tony Raven on January 07, 2018, 11:30:50 AM »
I like that article. The Washburn's heel plate certainly DOES look much like Samick's 1990s version.

But taken literally, the article says the one-digit year code was replaced by a two-digit "as 1990 approached." As the N2 was launched 1990, the ONLY year possible with that number is 1996.
Acoustic Guitar Players Post Comments & Questions / D17CEWR
« Last post by Trailsend on January 06, 2018, 08:13:12 PM »
I have a D17CEWR Acoustic-Electric Serial Number, 9306218, can you tell me when and where it was made?
Guitar Care, Repair, Modification & Lutherie / New bridge for Washburn ss-40
« Last post by wsaraceni on January 06, 2018, 01:34:54 PM »
I know the ss-40 is the hated Korean Steve Stevens model but I have the body and neck and the neck is great so I'd like to re-build it.   I'm missing the bridge, electronics and backplate.   

I purchased a schaller Floyd rose and the stud spacing doesn't seem to work out.  I've read the gotoh will work 100% especially with the 1mm difference because the one edge of the gotoh doesn't have a cutout, it's just flat. 

Can anyone point me in the right direction.
Announcements & News / Early Tacoma serial numbers
« Last post by Dummy001 on January 06, 2018, 08:58:27 AM »
Looking through posts about serial numbers, I haven't seen this mentioned. When Tacoma started making guitars for Washburn, Tacoma used their numbering system on the first runs, before Washburn noticed, and informed Tacoma how they wanted them numbered. When Tacoma started, in the first year, they used a 4 number system, using the Julian date. The second year, on Tacoma guitars, they used a letter followed by 4 numbers. I don't know how many guitars Tacoma used that system on before Washburn told them to change. Jim Smith might know.
N Series (Nuno Bettencourt) / Re: N2 help with serial number
« Last post by Kikito on January 05, 2018, 04:16:45 PM »
http://samick.wikia.com/wiki/Serial_Numbers

Very interesting. The word Samick tookme there so thanks again m8,  ;D
General Discussion on Washburn Electric Guitars / Re: Restoring wiring of MG-70
« Last post by pawleep on January 04, 2018, 08:19:20 PM »
i saw the duncan schematics before, none of them look like the push pull MG-70 i am trying to make sure is wired right..
all the pups sound fine except for the bridge humbucker. is putting out very weak sound, no matter where i have the volume, tone or push pull.  The black and white wires from bridge humbucker are both soldered together and to middle lug of DPDT
any help appreciated..
this guitar was inherited from a family member that died suddenly and it was his first electric guitar.
am trying to get it back to as close to original as possible.
I wonder if Washburn uses real bone for their nuts and saddles. Somewhere in my memory it seems that Washburn was using "synthetic bone", for lack of a better term...perhaps graphite with resin? If that is the case, then yes, the pin would melt the substance. Perhaps you could call Washburn's Customer Service department and ask about the composition of their "bone" nut and saddle?

I'm not a fan of "fake" stuff like a "graphite" saddle...I like the real thing..good old bone! I hope your luthier in Europe can help you, but if he can't Bob sure can!

Good Luck...please keep us informed about how this issue is resolved.

Cheers!

Dugly 8)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10