Username: Password:

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
This is not MG-122. It is 1994 MG-821.
Festival Series / Re: Help with info on this Washburn Monterey?
« Last post by mudbone on December 08, 2018, 11:08:17 AM »
I've had an EA-48 for years, an early model with the Barcus Berry passive bridge pick-up.  Often referred to as the Mac Davis or Juice Newton model.  Not many around. As I finally contacted Wasburn in Buffalo Grove, come to find they have very little info on it also.  Appears to be one of the import models that were held in high regard. 
General Discussion / Picks on classical guitars?
« Last post by sherloc987 on December 08, 2018, 08:26:36 AM »
do any of you guys use a pick on a classical guitar?
General Discussion on Washburn Electric Guitars / HB35 serial number
« Last post by young_ben_kenobi on December 07, 2018, 09:46:17 PM »
Hey Everyone! Today I found an HB35 hiding in the corner of the used section of guitar center and fell in love with the neck and the way she plays. I don't know much at all about these guitars but I did some digging and I think this one is one from the 1980's however I'm not entirely sure. The serial number is 101 and I've read that the Washburn serial numbers can be kind of difficult to decipher haha. I'm pretty dead set on picking her up and any insight/info on where/what year she might be made in is greatly appreciated, Thanks!

General Discussion / Creating Ideas and the Basic Elements of an Essay
« Last post by Easterwood on December 06, 2018, 11:59:32 PM »

Writing an essay in the paper is the hardest activity, and in the event that we discuss the  best essay writing service   is its most imperative piece, and it contains the a bigger number of imprints than other, so it is essential to plan remarkable to score great imprints. So it is imperative for those you show up in the paper put their full exertion in getting ready English Essay, English Grammar and essay papers. Without postponing further, we should discuss the issues that you may confront while essay writing and how you can adapt up to all these and make it less demanding. With regards to giving exam dominant part have a dread of and some may be cognizant about it, giving paper is definitely not a troublesome undertaking yet the issue is you will get score or review as indicated by your execution on the paper, regardless of you are flawless in article writing and keeping in mind that giving paper you get confounded. You need to perform well in the exam to get the great score.
If there's actual twist to the neck, the trussrods of the era will do very little to correct it. A twist can sometimes be carefully heated, & twisted back into alignment... checkout my review and before and after of phenq but it'll eventually fall back into its old habit. If it's not severe, the best way to deal with it would be to defret the beast, plane the fretboard, then refret -- though, again, it may continue to twist.

Although I do own a Washburn, I have another one from different company as well and I was looking for information about the "twist to the neck" for it. And Tony Raven's suggestion "defret the beast, plane the fretboard, then refret" worked successfully for me.

Yes,  "defret the beast, plane the fretboard, then refret" works for me too. Thanks Tony Raven for the advice.
For those that had asked about the Washburn mandolin model M12F this is what I found out:

I finally got through to Washburn and they graciously got back in touch with me and said that the Model M12F was a  "Sample Model" to see what the market would do. One gentleman told me they did only make a very, very few with less than 10 was the number offered. He added the production was to make the M12F mando with GOLD tuning hardware and tail-piece with solid carved Flamed (Tiger Striped) Maple soundboard, sides and back, bone keys and inlaid head design and mother of pearl dots.. The mandolin was very expensive to make. So much so that the test market wouldn't bare the cost so they didn't pursue making the line and went on to build a less expensive. The Washburn rep didn't know how the few samples were distributed thinking that most likely they were passed out to certain dealers that promoted them as a sample. It was suggested to me by another kind gentleman that the insurance for this IRREPLACEABLE mandolin be for not less than $1000.00 if not more insisting that that amount was NOT and appraisal, only an insurance estimate. Yet another gentleman spoke highly of the one I have commenting that it was in literally 'MINT' condition and would appraise much higher than he could safely suggest.

My M12F serial # is  YB04070008. If I can figure out how to post photos here I would.
Hi guys,

i would like to have help about the following model, a guy is offering me this guitar i put on the pictures and i think it's a Mercury M122...he doesn't know which model it is. I guess it's a Washburn mercury m122 but the headstock it's not the same as i see in all the other guitars...

Can you help me to identify and get more info about this guitar?

Thank you!
Vintage and Rare Washburns / Re: 1974 W500 & W600 ad
« Last post by lioneljohn on December 06, 2018, 05:50:34 AM »
Wow! Look at those guitars. They are designed so beautifully and it will be a dream for the guitarists to have such a nice instrument. One of my friends has a collection of the vintage instruments. Anyway thanks for sharing this one here.   braketimeusa   
General Discussion on Washburn Electric Guitars / Re: MG-401 Deluxe Questions
« Last post by debraparker2018 on December 06, 2018, 03:40:03 AM »
Seriously? You are lucky to find such a guitar for $200 only! I spend on https://domyhomeworkonline.net/do-my-geometry-homework.php more money!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10