Username: Password:

Author Topic: Model # D10N  (Read 18820 times)

Offline ship of fools

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3331
    • View Profile
Model # D10N
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2008, 06:39:58 AM »
Funny thing is RGG and I where just talking about you last night, and no I don't mind that you got something else, this is a music forum and I am glad you are going to stick around, you are quite the Lady,and some.louis

Millenium Brigade
Rover Brigade
Another WAGJammer
Timbercraft Brigade J52SW
D78-SW
and other great sounding and playing guitars
Musician, Numismatic,
Retired and living the good life

Offline larrylee13

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 10
    • View Profile
Model # D10N
« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2008, 12:34:28 AM »
We'd like to see pictures!!!


quote:
Originally posted by countrylady

quote:
Originally posted by Dreadman

....and my apologies to CountryLady for all of this coming up in your thread. This forum has had a balance problem for a while now and it shows up from time to time in inopportune places. Generally a fun bunch though - feel free to ignore the crap, join in or chastise us all! Through it all though you will find plenty of answers and helpful information.





[:)] I accept your apology dread. I think it's best to take an opportunity to hammer out an agreement than to let disagreements fester.

I wonder though, since I didn't buy a washburn do I have to leave the forum? [:(]



 

Offline countrylady

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 26
    • View Profile
Model # D10N
« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2008, 04:41:41 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by ship of fools

Funny thing is RGG and I where just talking about you last night, and no I don't mind that you got something else, this is a music forum and I am glad you are going to stick around, you are quite the Lady,and some.louis




Well, gosh, thanks. I am very flattered. You have all been very nice and patient with me.[:D]

I am looking forward to learning from you more experienced than I, (which is everyone.. )[:D]

Actually, I am loving practicing.. my fourth class is tonight. I am starting to get a decent set of corns on my fingers from the old borrowed Harmony I'm playing.

BTW, my name is Pat.
 

Offline countrylady

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 26
    • View Profile
Model # D10N
« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2008, 04:51:52 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by larrylee13

We'd like to see pictures!!!








Hi Larry,

I'll be pleased to post pictures when it arrives. I am quite impatiently waiting!

Sunday I ordered a new gig bag, a guitar stand, a music stand, some cool picks.. more than i will use in years probably but enough so I can change around and pick with different ones, a pick bag, a pick holder that sticks on the guitar (is that ok to do) a Johnny Cash song book, from Musician's Friend, and a scale book from eBay.

I have questions about other things to get, but will search the archives and other threads first.

Thanks for the nice welcome.

Pat[:)]
 

Offline 1 Cal

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 594
    • View Profile
Model # D10N
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2008, 05:28:53 PM »
countrylady,
looking at your list I immediately thought... why a gig bag Vs a hard case?  And what about a tuner (unless you have perfect pitch [:0])?
Cal___________
Washburn D13S
Washburn R308S

Offline countrylady

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 26
    • View Profile
Model # D10N
« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2008, 05:49:29 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by 1 Cal

countrylady,
looking at your list I immediately thought... why a gig bag Vs a hard case?  And what about a tuner (unless you have perfect pitch [:0])?



Good questions. The gig bag because I paid more for the guitar than I had in my budget. Sea Gull has a new case out I will get eventually. The only place I will be taking it for awhile will be my class so it should be pretty safe til I get a hard case.

 and my instructor bought tuners and I will buy one from her. Anything else you can think of? Thanks for the ideas. [:D]

Pat
 

Offline 1 Cal

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 594
    • View Profile
Model # D10N
« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2008, 06:33:20 PM »
Hey Pat

Don't forget your Planet Waves Pro-Winder ready for your first string change.  And obviously a spare set of strings would be a good idea. [;)]
Cal___________
Washburn D13S
Washburn R308S

Offline countrylady

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 26
    • View Profile
Model # D10N
« Reply #67 on: January 31, 2008, 12:13:43 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by 1 Cal

Hey Pat

Don't forget your Planet Waves Pro-Winder ready for your first string change.  And obviously a spare set of strings would be a good idea. [;)]



Ok, now I need to learn about strings and what the best kind to use on my guitar is. I know nothing about strings. I'll check out the pro-winder.

Thanks.

Pat
 

Offline Pike

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8751
    • View Profile
Model # D10N
« Reply #68 on: January 31, 2008, 01:54:25 AM »
quote:

Ok, now I need to learn about strings and what the best kind to use on my guitar is.
D'Addario EJ16's are nice for the price. I like Martin Acoustic SP's MSP4100's too. Both are phosphor bronze lights. The Martins are a little spendy, but worth it.
 

Offline countrylady

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 26
    • View Profile
Model # D10N
« Reply #69 on: February 04, 2008, 12:41:10 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Pike

quote:

Ok, now I need to learn about strings and what the best kind to use on my guitar is.
D'Addario EJ16's are nice for the price. I like Martin Acoustic SP's MSP4100's too. Both are phosphor bronze lights. The Martins are a little spendy, but worth it.



Hi Pike,

Thanks for the info. I have made a note of both those kinds of strings. Can you tell me anything about types of strings? Why a person would want one type over another? Thanks.

Pat
 

Offline Pike

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8751
    • View Profile
Model # D10N
« Reply #70 on: February 04, 2008, 12:54:44 PM »
Just the differences in tonal qualities they provide. Heavier strings produce a little more volume, lighter strings are easier to play. There are so many different variations, phosphor bronze, 80-20 bronze, coated, etc. Do an internet search, there's a lot of info out there.

This might help.
http://www.maurysmusic.com/guitar_string_reviews
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 01:04:35 PM by Pike »
 

Offline countrylady

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 26
    • View Profile
Model # D10N
« Reply #71 on: February 04, 2008, 10:40:47 PM »
Ok, thanks. I did discover this guitar comes with phosphor bronze.

It came today and I can hardly put it down. It is pretty and plays really, really nice. So much easier than the old guitar I had borrowed for class and practice til this one arrived. I LOVE it.
 

Offline Pike

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8751
    • View Profile
Model # D10N
« Reply #72 on: February 05, 2008, 12:36:11 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by countrylady

Ok, thanks. I did discover this guitar comes with phosphor bronze.

It came today and I can hardly put it down. It is pretty and plays really, really nice. So much easier than the old guitar I had borrowed for class and practice til this one arrived. I LOVE it.

Right on Pat, good for you!