Username: Password:

Author Topic: Washburn Wing Series  (Read 10971 times)

Offline G3H

• View Profile
Washburn Wing Series
« on: July 03, 2008, 08:04:39 AM »
Dear Forum members and administrators,

Since information on the old (and my favourite) Washburn Wings so far was pretty minimal on the internet, i decided to start a research on them and to build an informational database-like website on all the Wings ever produced. After 15 months of scavenging information, pics, serial nrs, etc, the site has been launched last monday, it's on

Hereby a request/invitation to all Wing-owners among you to participate in the database and send in pics of your guitars and basses. Everything is welcome, also re-issues. I'm especially looking for pics of Wing basses and guitars from the black and red BBR-series.

It's my goal to make the site as accurate as possible and i hope it will become an important source of information on these great guitars. Feel free to take a look and to give your opinion!

Kind regards,

G3H, Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
winginfo@yahoo.com

Offline jlw

• View Profile
Washburn Wing Series
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 10:06:16 AM »
Cool!

I intend to contact you with some information about my guitar if you wish to use it for your site.

Offline G3H

• View Profile
Washburn Wing Series
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 06:12:24 PM »
Please do, i'm after getting pics in there of all the models made.

Thanks!

H.

Offline Pike

• View Profile
Washburn Wing Series
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 06:30:35 PM »
Nice job G3H!

Offline Samwise

• View Profile
    • http://www.samuelmcguire.co.uk
Washburn Wing Series
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 02:20:31 PM »
I will send you some photos of my yellow 81 raven some when in the next few days. Good job with getting the website together

Offline Andy1200

• View Profile
Washburn Wing Series
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2008, 10:44:26 AM »
Few pics in this thread : http://www.washburn.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13549

And here : http://www.washburn.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13691

Edit : You're more than welcome to use my pics btw might wanna email the other members to ask...keep up the good work [:)]
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 10:48:54 AM by Andy1200 »
Washburns - D28s, D61sw, '81 Raven electric

Offline DJOD.ORG

• View Profile
    • http://www.djod.org
Washburn Wing Series
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2008, 03:37:09 PM »

Thank you for your great work. Your site is very informative and helps a lot of people to distinguish their own guitars.

Sincerely,

Gary Sir Johan Carlsen III

Offline Pike

• View Profile
Washburn Wing Series
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2008, 10:20:55 AM »
Hi Gary...

Offline DJOD.ORG

• View Profile
Washburn Wing Series
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2008, 11:33:05 AM »
Hello Pike among many other Washburn Enthusiasts,

My guitar from Bob Marley obviously has been a controversy in this forum & I'm glad all those threads were closed. Washburn's CEO Rudy, will be making his statements with regards to Bob's rare hawk guitar because he knew everything about this guitar and its origins being with Bob. Just a preview of what Rudy has told us so far, It's one of the first electric guitars we ever made. Customer support are professionals here on Washburn but I ask this question, would they know what goes on behind the desk of the CEO who would obviously know everything that goes on inside and out of his own company? I got on contact Rudy many years ago pertaining to this guitar and he wanted to purchase it from me. I declined and he has been supportive of our project since.

Sincerely,

« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 11:37:05 AM by DJOD.ORG »

Offline arykala

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/adamrykalaguitar
Washburn Wing Series
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2008, 12:07:12 PM »
Till you actually have the proof to hand - just drop it. The fact that your threads were closed after a Washburn representative told you there is NO RECORD of this ever happening should tell you loads.

You're just after free advertising for your 'lottery' and misusing people's names to get publicity.
--

Washburn HM-24V (proto) / KC 90v /  MG 74/ MG 800 / Fernandes Revolver Pro w\\Sustainer / Chimera (coming soon)

Schecter A7V+
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 12:29:08 PM by arykala »
--

Washburn HM-24V (proto) / KC 90v x3 (Red, Translucent Gold, Translucent Pearl)/ MG 74/ MG 800 / Fernandes Revolver Pro w\\Sustainer / Ibanez 540 Radius (91 HSS) / Ibanez RGT42 BP / No Name LP Copy / LTD MH250 / Relic Strat / Artcore AG85 / Chimera (coming soon)

Offline DJOD.ORG

• View Profile
Washburn Wing Series
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2008, 12:46:58 PM »
Arykala, we are real, not misusing any names at all, you'll see a picture of your good friend Marko here and me as well at http://www.djod.org/our_team.htm . I honestly applaud you for your skepticism as you have the right to be. I've read all the conversations in those threads and I'm pretty sure the Washburn Moderators closed it as a result of back and forth personal attacking between users such as yourself and Marko. The truth will be revealed soon.

Who's better to talk about this guitar than the founder and owner of Washburn himself who knew everything about this guitar inside and out of his own company since he's been CEO in 1975. http://books.google.com/books?id=ABNyua8HRaIC&pg=PA185&lpg=PA185&dq=Rudy+Schlacher+1975&source=web&ots=ajGyL_eIsB&sig=eJlZMEXC-vbA338o1aFcqLhKmYE&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=2&ct=result

Sincerely,

« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 02:32:26 PM by DJOD.ORG »

Offline arykala

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/adamrykalaguitar
Washburn Wing Series
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2008, 12:52:26 PM »
So you're asking us to believe that the Washburn representative didn't know of this but the CEO did? And to further compound this idiocy, then allowed this story to go unconfirmed when it would be a real PR blast for the company to be linked to Marley? You've been claiming a statement is forthcoming for several months now, as this farce is well documented on Google. I can find in OCTOBER you've been claiming this proof is 'real soon' - its the sort of real soon I would expect from a new version of Windows.

It was closed because it has no proof whatsoever that bears any scrutiny, and has a valuation FAR above any reasonable expectation even if there was anything that constituted real proof. And you now latch onto other threads after your own were closed, therefore risking other people getting their threads closed.

And now posting links totally tangential to the issue and playing his old 'edit posts to get his domain name on the front page'

Please moderators ban this guy.

--

Washburn HM-24V (proto) / KC 90v /  MG 74/ MG 800 / Fernandes Revolver Pro w\\Sustainer / Chimera (coming soon)

Schecter A7V+
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 02:29:22 PM by arykala »
--

Washburn HM-24V (proto) / KC 90v x3 (Red, Translucent Gold, Translucent Pearl)/ MG 74/ MG 800 / Fernandes Revolver Pro w\\Sustainer / Ibanez 540 Radius (91 HSS) / Ibanez RGT42 BP / No Name LP Copy / LTD MH250 / Relic Strat / Artcore AG85 / Chimera (coming soon)

Offline DJOD.ORG

• View Profile
Washburn Wing Series
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2008, 09:57:29 PM »
WANTED TO WISH ALL OF YOU HERE, the Washburn Family, a very happy christmas and a happy new year :) It's crazy here in Vancouver, BC, CANADA with almost 3 feet of snow.

PEACE & ONE LOVE

Offline eurotrashed

• View Profile
Washburn Wing Series
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2008, 10:22:56 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by DJOD.ORG

Arykala, we are real, not misusing any names at all, you'll see a picture of your good friend Marko here and me as well at http://www.djod.org/our_team.htm .

What the hell is all that crap under your team  airports... motorcycles... walmart with random a random picture here and there.

Your site is shadey as anything, how do you want someone to take you seriously?  You have the most expensive guitar in the world and you can't throw $3000 at a web designer to make your website legit?

We were discussing your guitar on another forum, and this is what I want to know:

He has lots of convincing documentation but this is what I want to know:

Why are there newspaper articles from 10 years ago about him selling it, why does he still have it?

He thought it was only worth like $500 or so until he talked to a pro... Even if that guitar wasn't owned by Bob Marley it is worth over $500 probably. That doesn't add up.

What charities? He says 'a bunch' but never lists them.

The site is just some cheap blog space, and this guitar is worth 6.5 mil...

He is sir. Who knighted him? Paul McCartney gets knighted, not Bob Marley's guitar tech... When asked about this he tells people to just google to find out what knighting is, as if people don't know that part. They want to know about HIM. And Paul McCartney is Sir Paul McCartney, this guy uses it as a nickname Gary Sir Johan...

He is giving away the guitar and also a million dollars to an entrant and a mil to someone's favorite charity.. how many tickets does he plan to sell? How long will it take to sell that many tickets? He got offered 5 mil for it, why didn't he just take that and donate it to charities?

Why does he SPAM every site?

You think if Bob Marley only had a few guitars, that someone would capture him in picture at least once with this guitar.

He says he didn't take pics of Marley with the guitar cause he was just a friend and didn't see himself as some crazed fan, yet don't people take pics of their friends? If he is just a friend why is Marley giving him signed guitar picks and he holds onto them forever? The guitar pick is the most basic form of memorabilia a fan would hold onto. If he was just a friend, why would he still have the pick? Friends give me picks and I lose them, I don't cherish them. Why would Marley give him guitar picks with a short personalized letter if they were just friends, Marley seemed to be doing it as a favor for a fan type of thing

The thread was removed from the Washburn forums as mods and customer service has said there is no such thing, but Sir Johan III or whatever keeps talking about Rudy the CEO that knows all about this guitar and how it was made for Mr. Marley. Yet why hasn't he made a statement yet? Why didn't he intervene on the long running thread on the rather low volume Washburn forum?

Offline DJOD.ORG

• View Profile
Washburn Wing Series
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2008, 06:52:22 PM »
Good afternoon. Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas.

Answering Euro's questions in behalf of everyone:

1) That newspaper article, not 10, but 12 years ago and all those articles are there to tell you guys about my past and my past too with Bob's guitar to show everyone I have nothing to hide. This is why everything is laid out on the guitar authenticity page. Come to Vancouver, BC, CANADA, go to the Vancouver Public Library Newspaper Archives in downtown Vancouver for the date December 7, 1996. You will find me with Bob's Washburn in the front page cover of the entertainment section with my interviewer being Katherine Monk or you can call them up, have them print one out for you, and they'll mail it to you I think. For my story and my very rare guitar to be featured on the front page of the Entertainment section in a famous Canadian Newspaper such as the Vancouver Sun back in 1996, you have to realize that this is serious guitar talk.

2) The charities are on our main page with banners mixed with the banners of businesses as well. It looks messy, but they are there and clickable too.  Understand that it took me 5 years to connect with all those businesses and charities with banners personally on our main page. They are not there because we found them on the internet and said, hey cool, let's place their banner on our homepage for fun. There are copyrights and laws that prohibit this. We have their permission and they gave me the okay.

3) We know our site looks messy simply because it's not done. Maybe in a month or so, you will see the same look or a brand new look. So please don't judge its look, it is what's inside that truly matters. I have refused millions of dollars from businesses who saw a stake in my vision and because of this; I am using my own money with the help of others so that most of the proceeds go to various charities. That crap with airports, motorcycles, walmart, and other mentioned industries where there are people’s names and a few with pictures are going to be portfolio managers who will be in charge of ticket sales. Also understand that our project at DJOD is not just about Bob’s guitar, there’s much we have to offer and share.

4) Laughing hard, Marko made a mistake about my knighthood by the Queen of England. I laughed at him so hard because that was a big mistake in his part. I’m actually a Norwegian knight passed on through ancestry. This is why some people address to me as Sir. There you go.  But really, who cares? My knighthood is a personal matter. Call me Gary or Sir, it's up to you.

5) Yes, I plan to do give a million dollars away to an individual for just being a member of DJOD. I also plan to give a million dollars away to that individual’s favorite charity which will make it even more fun and exciting for everyone by just being a member in our future launch. I didn't take the 5 million from Michael Lee Chin for the guitar because I know I can give back more than the amount mentioned.

6) Unfortunately, I just saw Bob as a good friend and I could care less that I don't have any pictures being with Bob, him playing his custom hawk, or other famous musicians I’ve been around with such as T-REX, Prince, Eddie Van Halen, Sean P. Diddy Combs, Queen, David Foster, BB King, Billy Joel, Keith Moon, Yngwie Malmsteen, and so on. To me, they're just normal people and because of this I think famous musicians respect me the way Bob Marley did. I valued their personal values & friendships, not their positions in society. Bob Marley gave me his precious Washburn guitar along with a handful of guitar picks as a token of thanks for helping Bob with his guitars and showing Bob my guitar playing skills. Bob Marley also gave me that autograph for fun along with Junior Marvin with smiley faces calling me “Gary Guitar” on Nov. 21, 1979. With legal documented proceedings, Junior Marvin from Bob Marley & The Wailers gladly validated the authenticity of the exchange and of the guitar.

7) Rudy hasn't been able to make his statements due to state of the economy in the USA and because of the holiday season. Rudy is very busy. He has his hands full with his company USMusicCorp in which one of his handles is here which is Washburn among his other ventures. As for the forum moderators here, I personally called Rudy a couple weeks ago to get one of his people to tell the forum moderators of the truth here and I think they know now that Bob Marley's Washburn Guitar is indeed the real deal unless the moderators haven’t heard anything yet. The forum moderators never said this guitar never existed. They said they didn't know and wasn't sure. They closed all those threads because of personal attacking encounters Marko had with other users. Very unprofessional on Marko’s behalf and I gave him hell for that. Marko had grown sick and tired of repeating himself every single time on this forum, but I personally think he did a great job fighting for me paving everyone to the truth and Marko now realizes the kind of shenanigans I have to deal with when I tell people about my guitar from Bob. This is why I have stepped in personally into this forum. And I hope I have answered your questions Euro on behalf of everyone who might be asking the same things.

8) I've come to a conclusion, from sharing my story being with Bob and being given Bob's vintage guitar all over the internet through social media outlets, that my tale is quite shocking and unbelievable to many. All I can really is that the legal documents, the autographs, the letters, the newspaper stories & the guitar really do exist and are true. What else could I possibly say? Once our site is ready where everything is all in its right place, I will be making my future press releases with Mass Media Distribution. You guys here in the Washburn forum have front row seats to the show.

9) Bob Marley's vintage custom hawk is seriously a work of beauty by Washburn Guitars and this is the only one out there in this entire world of its kind in my hands in which I plan to give it away to a lucky fan and individual or group as a prize at DJOD. Bob’s guitar does not have a serial id # on the back of the headstock. Instead, Bob’s name is on it. Rudy told me personally that this guitar is actually one of the first electric guitars that his company ever made and there are only a few in his company at Washburn that know about it. Washburn didn’t make 100 or 1000 Bob Marley signature guitars in 1978-1979. They only made one. Tell me someone you know who has a Washburn guitar that has the same exact attributes as this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mP7kLgSS0yQ&fmt=18

Sincerely,
Gary “Sir Johan” Carlsen III aka “Gary Guitar”