Good afternoon. Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas.
Answering Euro's questions in behalf of everyone:
1) That newspaper article, not 10, but 12 years ago and all those articles are there to tell you guys about my past and my past too with Bob's guitar to show everyone I have nothing to hide. This is why everything is laid out on the guitar authenticity page. Come to Vancouver, BC, CANADA, go to the Vancouver Public Library Newspaper Archives in downtown Vancouver for the date December 7, 1996. You will find me with Bob's Washburn in the front page cover of the entertainment section with my interviewer being Katherine Monk or you can call them up, have them print one out for you, and they'll mail it to you I think. For my story and my very rare guitar to be featured on the front page of the Entertainment section in a famous Canadian Newspaper such as the Vancouver Sun back in 1996, you have to realize that this is serious guitar talk.
2) The charities are on our main page with banners mixed with the banners of businesses as well. It looks messy, but they are there and clickable too. Understand that it took me 5 years to connect with all those businesses and charities with banners personally on our main page. They are not there because we found them on the internet and said, hey cool, let's place their banner on our homepage for fun. There are copyrights and laws that prohibit this. We have their permission and they gave me the okay.
3) We know our site looks messy simply because it's not done. Maybe in a month or so, you will see the same look or a brand new look. So please don't judge its look, it is what's inside that truly matters. I have refused millions of dollars from businesses who saw a stake in my vision and because of this; I am using my own money with the help of others so that most of the proceeds go to various charities. That crap with airports, motorcycles, walmart, and other mentioned industries where there are people’s names and a few with pictures are going to be portfolio managers who will be in charge of ticket sales. Also understand that our project at DJOD is not just about Bob’s guitar, there’s much we have to offer and share.
4) Laughing hard, Marko made a mistake about my knighthood by the Queen of England. I laughed at him so hard because that was a big mistake in his part. I’m actually a Norwegian knight passed on through ancestry. This is why some people address to me as Sir. There you go. But really, who cares? My knighthood is a personal matter. Call me Gary or Sir, it's up to you.
5) Yes, I plan to do give a million dollars away to an individual for just being a member of DJOD. I also plan to give a million dollars away to that individual’s favorite charity which will make it even more fun and exciting for everyone by just being a member in our future launch. I didn't take the 5 million from Michael Lee Chin for the guitar because I know I can give back more than the amount mentioned.
6) Unfortunately, I just saw Bob as a good friend and I could care less that I don't have any pictures being with Bob, him playing his custom hawk, or other famous musicians I’ve been around with such as T-REX, Prince, Eddie Van Halen, Sean P. Diddy Combs, Queen, David Foster, BB King, Billy Joel, Keith Moon, Yngwie Malmsteen, and so on. To me, they're just normal people and because of this I think famous musicians respect me the way Bob Marley did. I valued their personal values & friendships, not their positions in society. Bob Marley gave me his precious Washburn guitar along with a handful of guitar picks as a token of thanks for helping Bob with his guitars and showing Bob my guitar playing skills. Bob Marley also gave me that autograph for fun along with Junior Marvin with smiley faces calling me “Gary Guitar” on Nov. 21, 1979. With legal documented proceedings, Junior Marvin from Bob Marley & The Wailers gladly validated the authenticity of the exchange and of the guitar.
7) Rudy hasn't been able to make his statements due to state of the economy in the USA and because of the holiday season. Rudy is very busy. He has his hands full with his company USMusicCorp in which one of his handles is here which is Washburn among his other ventures. As for the forum moderators here, I personally called Rudy a couple weeks ago to get one of his people to tell the forum moderators of the truth here and I think they know now that Bob Marley's Washburn Guitar is indeed the real deal unless the moderators haven’t heard anything yet. The forum moderators never said this guitar never existed. They said they didn't know and wasn't sure. They closed all those threads because of personal attacking encounters Marko had with other users. Very unprofessional on Marko’s behalf and I gave him hell for that. Marko had grown sick and tired of repeating himself every single time on this forum, but I personally think he did a great job fighting for me paving everyone to the truth and Marko now realizes the kind of shenanigans I have to deal with when I tell people about my guitar from Bob. This is why I have stepped in personally into this forum. And I hope I have answered your questions Euro on behalf of everyone who might be asking the same things.
I've come to a conclusion, from sharing my story being with Bob and being given Bob's vintage guitar all over the internet through social media outlets, that my tale is quite shocking and unbelievable to many. All I can really is that the legal documents, the autographs, the letters, the newspaper stories & the guitar really do exist and are true. What else could I possibly say? Once our site is ready where everything is all in its right place, I will be making my future press releases with Mass Media Distribution. You guys here in the Washburn forum have front row seats to the show.
9) Bob Marley's vintage custom hawk is seriously a work of beauty by Washburn Guitars and this is the only one out there in this entire world of its kind in my hands in which I plan to give it away to a lucky fan and individual or group as a prize at DJOD. Bob’s guitar does not have a serial id # on the back of the headstock. Instead, Bob’s name is on it. Rudy told me personally that this guitar is actually one of the first electric guitars that his company ever made and there are only a few in his company at Washburn that know about it. Washburn didn’t make 100 or 1000 Bob Marley signature guitars in 1978-1979. They only made one. Tell me someone you know who has a Washburn guitar that has the same exact attributes as this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mP7kLgSS0yQ&fmt=18
Gary “Sir Johan” Carlsen III aka “Gary Guitar”