Username: Password:

Author Topic: Washburn B18 banjo  (Read 17041 times)

Offline Junior88

• The young gun
    • View Profile
Washburn B18 banjo
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2010, 09:49:15 PM »
quote:
Nice banjo

Magoo.. Man.. Shame.. The only kool Banjos are Banjolins!

[:D]

Atleast its not the bagpipes!

Washburn N2, Barracuda Strat Copy, Fender DG 10/12, Art & Lutherie Acoustic, Greg Bennet D-5 Acoustic,Rover RM-50B Mando

Duct tape is like the force. It has a dark side, a light side, and it holds the universe together. - Oprah

Offline eknjr

• View Profile
Washburn B18 banjo
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2010, 10:03:35 PM »
But you have to be real windy , at least a heavy banjo can keep you on the ground.
Ken Noland

Offline Junior88

• The young gun
    • View Profile
Washburn B18 banjo
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2010, 10:40:12 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by eknjr

But you have to be real windy , at least a heavy banjo can keep you on the ground.

Ken Noland

T'ouche

[;)]

Washburn N2, Barracuda Strat Copy, Fender DG 10/12, Art & Lutherie Acoustic, Greg Bennet D-5 Acoustic,Rover RM-50B Mando

Duct tape is like the force. It has a dark side, a light side, and it holds the universe together. - Oprah

Offline ship of fools

• View Profile
Washburn B18 banjo
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2010, 09:09:12 AM »
Very nice looking banjo Ken and that strap was nicely done also, are those the original tuners on her Ken and I'll bet you must get sound really nice loud sounds out of her with the frosted head have you ever thought about using calf head.Ship......mind you that does quiet it some doesn't it.

Millenium Brigade
Rover Brigade
Another WAGJammer
Timbercraft Brigade J52SW
D-78SW
D-68SW
DM2000S Millenium limited edition
and other great sounding and playing guitars
Musician, Numismatic,
Retired and living the good life

Offline eknjr

• View Profile
Washburn B18 banjo
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2010, 12:23:20 PM »
Thanks I do know on the tuners thay were on it when I got it buut thay are Shaller's , yes the head made it a lot I think it a bit louder but it was very loud befor, have no experiance with skin heads. I put a Yates bridge on as well and change the sound big time help to even the over all sound.
Ken Noland

Offline eknjr

• View Profile
Washburn B18 banjo
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2010, 12:40:02 PM »
The man that did my strap sends his stuff all over the US.word of It all word of mouth.
Ken Noland

Offline magoo99

• View Profile
Washburn B18 banjo
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2010, 04:12:24 PM »
Hey ken Do he have a site? and what are his prices like.
Like to know if he would send his work to Canada's far east.

Offline eknjr

• View Profile
Washburn B18 banjo
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2010, 05:26:19 AM »
He can no web page call 812-546-5451 CAFFEE'S LEATHER CRAFTS his name is Chester tell him what you want and will come up with a very good idea and the price will surprise you , one place wanted to do something smiler for around $450. he did this for under $100.  . Tell I sent you he will know what type you are looking at, now I did not have shipping since I live 75 miles form there I drove down and he check fit and all, this was first of this style he had done,I could go on  but  this getting long . He will take care of you he is a good man.
Ken Noland

Offline magoo99

• View Profile
Washburn B18 banjo
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2010, 02:03:47 PM »
Thanks for the Info Ken, I was talking to a band mate about this today, he got a bit pissed at me and asked me what I have against Local people making this kind of thing...LOL  he said there  are lots around..Of coruse he is right,  But Thanks again for the info and for the Idea.
Now I'm thinking I'm gonna go get a guy to start making Mando straps and selling them Local,  because they are so Very hard to get here.
Cheers
Magoo

Offline eknjr

• View Profile
Washburn B18 banjo
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2010, 07:21:18 PM »
Cool man that OK let know how it gos
Ken Noland

Offline banjodreamer

• View Profile
Washburn B18 banjo
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2010, 06:27:55 PM »
Hey;
I just joined this forum, I was looking for more info on the B18. I've had one since 85
(serial # 85505)and have enjoyed it completely. I recently changed the head ( broke the last one,  over tightened it, oops!)
The change has been welcome, I went with a Renaissance fiberskyn, what a sound, deep and traditional, even for an archtop.I have thoroughly enjoyed the pictures of your banjo Ken, especially the strap, nice personal touch.I see you have an after market skin on as well. How do you like the difference in sound from the clear?
Now don't yell too loud but, I have had the dream (30 years) of owning a Gibson Mastertone. Though I should sell my Washburn...but... the sound is great. I think with a fret dressing the minor buzz on the 17th will go away. Has anyone compared the Mastertone to the Washburn, specifically the B18, what is your opinion? I appreciate the volume of my B18 but can I get more from the Granada? turning up to 11 !!

Offline magoo99

• View Profile
Washburn B18 banjo
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2010, 06:45:36 PM »
Welcome Dreamer, I don't play banjo much but I would also love to have a Gibson Mastertone. My friend who sits in with my band every now and then has one, and man it sounds GREAT. I think they are in a class all of their own [or for that matter own the class]. also no harm in owning 2 banjos, keep the washy and enjoy it play the hell out of her...get the Gibson and baby it...LOl
Cheers
Magoo

Offline eknjr

• View Profile
Washburn B18 banjo
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2010, 05:37:43 PM »
banjodreamer, just got back on thanks for the feedback I like the frost head deeper tone , know what you mean I have a dream to add one but $$ stop that, have played 5K banjos do not sound better and not playing any easer.
 Had JD Crow and Ralph Stanly singed my old head have it on the wall. Time to go and pick sum
Ken Noland