Username: Password:

Author Topic: When's the last time...  (Read 13196 times)

Offline Rocket

• View Profile
When's the last time...
« on: October 06, 2008, 01:41:48 PM »
When was the last time anyone saw a brand NEW, (not NOS,) Washburn acoustic that wasn't a D10?
Is Washburn manufacturing ANY of the new models described on their website?
If so, where are they?

Offline Quinn Spalpeen

• View Profile
When's the last time...
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 02:32:28 PM »
What does Washburn say, it would seem they'd like to tell folks where they could buy Washburn, I might that is their business isn't it? That's a very interesting question Rocket.

Whenever you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however  improbable, must be the Truth .... Sherlock Holmes

WD114S
WASHBURN J4 Hollowbody
Scott Cao STV-950 (Hellier model)
Eastman Master Model 905 (Stradivari model)
Fender FV-3

Nothing under the sun is new Watson. .... Sherlock Holmes

Washburn F10S (From Funky Munky, no G.C. stuff for me.)
Martin 00-15
Martin 000-28
Trinity College Bouzouki
Raul Emiliani Model 928 (Stradivari model)
Roland F-110

Offline millenium

• View Profile
When's the last time...
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 02:39:17 PM »
I't pretty I saw Washburn in local store here... The only store selling some of them (old model) is at rivière-du-loup... 1 hour and half of driving, but Rocket, last time I've been there he was selling D2005SCE nice guitar !!!
yan
millenium
ANOTHER PROUD MEMBER OF THE MILLENIUM BRIGADE

Offline magoo99

• View Profile
When's the last time...
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 02:43:04 PM »
I was at my local washburn dealer this weekend, they had new D10's there, but that was all. I asked for other stuff, I was told that they could order what I wanted but couldn't tell when I could get it.
also for me everything seemed over priced.
D10sce was on sale for $599.99...what a deal...LOL

really are there any new washburns being made? I have seen some nice mandolins on the washburn site do they even Exist?

Offline Quinn Spalpeen

• View Profile
When's the last time...
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 07:03:17 PM »
Rocket, you got me to thinking???? What about my Washburns, which are three and two months old respectively.

WD114S: SN# OI71000629 (I'm fairly certain it's Oh-Eye rather than Zero-One)

J-4:SN# OK06001845 (Again, I'm fairly certain it's Oh-Kay rather than Zero-Kay)

Will these numbers permit someone to tell me something about when and where my guitars were made?

Edit: On a different topic, I'm really considering going for that Mandoblaster unless someone could give me a convincing reason not to.

Whenever you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however  improbable, must be the Truth .... Sherlock Holmes

WD114S
WASHBURN J4 Hollowbody
Fender FV-3

« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 07:05:08 PM by Quinn Spalpeen »
Nothing under the sun is new Watson. .... Sherlock Holmes

Washburn F10S (From Funky Munky, no G.C. stuff for me.)
Martin 00-15
Martin 000-28
Trinity College Bouzouki
Raul Emiliani Model 928 (Stradivari model)
Roland F-110

Offline ryanoryan

• View Profile
When's the last time...
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 10:42:12 AM »
WD114S: SN# OI71000629 - Made in indonesia, 2007

J-4:SN# OK06001845 - made in korea, 2006

And the guitars are out there, Our Sam Ash Music's here in Chicago have the Jumbo's,  and the anniversery guitars.  The one by my house at a bunch of D46's, also
Play guitar everyday!

Offline Rocket

• View Profile
When's the last time...
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 11:14:55 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by ryanoryan

And the guitars are out there, Our Sam Ash Music's here in Chicago have the Jumbo's,  and the anniversery guitars.  The one by my house at a bunch of D46's

Is this another one of those shrewd Washburn marketing ploys like introducing a must have model that doesn't exist? I guess we could all jump in our cars, spend $1600 in gas for that round-trip to Chicago, and buy that new $599 jumbo!

Where are all of these? If you can't produce them... y'all should really stop advertising them... it's extremely deceptive!

From what I can tell, there are NO Washburn dealers left in Florida. The one I used to talk to said he stopped carrying Washburn because he couldn't get new stock... always got the same tale... slow boat from China.

Offline ryanoryan

• View Profile
When's the last time...
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2008, 11:50:39 AM »
no marketing ploys, i assure you

The guitars are out there,  i've seen and played most of these here at the factory.  

You've got to remember today's market as well.  Alot of business is turning over to internet sites, unfortunately.  Since they have lower overhead,  they charge less and thats why a brick and mortor store will sell a d10s for $599 list price (just to stay afloat!)
tough economic times translate to real stores buying less stock, which involves less risk, ect ect.  

I could go on, but i'm sure i'd bore you all to tears.
Play guitar everyday!

Offline Rocket

• View Profile
When's the last time...
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2008, 12:24:22 PM »
quote:

no marketing ploys, i assure you

The guitars are out there,  i've seen and played most of these here at the factory.  

You've got to remember today's market as well.  Alot of business is turning over to internet sites, unfortunately.  Since they have lower overhead,  they charge less and thats why a brick and mortor store will sell a d10s for $599 list price (just to stay afloat!)
tough economic times translate to real stores buying less stock, which involves less risk, ect ect.  

I could go on, but i'm sure i'd bore you all to tears.

Play guitar everyday!

You're definitely, (and obviously,) missing my point. I'm guessing, intentionally...

Offline donny341

• View Profile
When's the last time...
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2008, 01:28:56 PM »
Ryan, where is the C124SW and the C124SWCE? I believe they were solid spruce (or cedar?) top and solid rosewood back and sides. I saw them advertised as up and coming and have not seen them on the Washburn list or in brick and mortar stores or on any guitar selling site. If they don't show up, I'll have to look for something else. What happened?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 01:29:43 PM by donny341 »
Donny

Some Guitars
9 Tweed Straps
72 gold strap buttons with screws
10 Buffalo horn picks
Multitude of various plastic picks
Broken fingernails when used for fingerpicking
Wrist wraps for those arthuritis fretting moments
Preperation H for those long sitting hours playing guitar
42 various sets of strings
Lizard Spit Guitar Polish
3 polish cloths
Pro winder/cutter
2 plastic winders
Steel and nylon string clippings (I should clean up a bit)
4 wall mount hooks
One bile slice remover tool (for Dreadman)
ton of yuks and smiley faces here
One set beatles albums on Apple label
Various Beatles and Wings 45's
Two Turtle Doves
A Partridge in a Pear Tree

Life is what happens while your busy making other plans

Offline millenium

• View Profile
When's the last time...
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2008, 01:30:59 PM »
Rocket you are right, I would like an Real answer too

Ryan you are lucky to play them in the factory.... but WE don't work there ! Stop keeping them just for you all in the factory and playing jam!! loll SHARE !!!!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 01:32:14 PM by millenium »
yan
millenium
ANOTHER PROUD MEMBER OF THE MILLENIUM BRIGADE

Offline ryanoryan

• View Profile
When's the last time...
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2008, 02:02:19 PM »
As of now,  we've got some of those C124SW's kicking around.  Let's break it down here:

We receive containers once a month from overseas,  containing anywhere from 10-300 quantity of particular models.  Depending on what sells,  we adjust what we bring in (of course!)

Everyone of these guitars has been availble in 2008, but as 2008 comes to a close and we decide what sold and what didn't and adjust what we commission to have built.  What did well will carry into next year,  and we'll try a few more experiments with new guitars.  

In very rare instances,  a shipment won't be up to snuff and we won't release it, i personally waited forever to get a hold of a WI420.
Play guitar everyday!

Offline Rocket

• View Profile
When's the last time...
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2008, 03:24:36 PM »
quote:

Let's break it down here:

We receive containers once a month from overseas,  containing anywhere from 10-300 quantity of particular models.  Depending on what sells,  we adjust what we bring in (of course!)

Everyone of these guitars has been availble in 2008, but as 2008 comes to a close and we decide what sold and what didn't and adjust what we commission to have built.  What did well will carry into next year,  and we'll try a few more experiments with new guitars.  

In very rare instances,  a shipment won't be up to snuff and we won't release it, i personally waited forever to get a hold of a WI420.

Once again, you're missing the point.
I'll have to strongly disagree with you... if EVERY ONE of these has been available in 2008... where is this D64SW The Bluegrass that EVERYONE has been attempting to try out:

Point me to one single dealer that has one that I can try out.

Offline ryanoryan

• View Profile
When's the last time...
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2008, 03:56:44 PM »
We received a smaller initial shipment of that guitar in the beginning of the year,  and the following 2 shipments did not meet our standards.  I really see no reason to be combative here.  Since I'm missing the point here, aparently, i'll remove myself from this discussion.
Play guitar everyday!

Offline Rocket

• View Profile
When's the last time...
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2008, 04:13:34 PM »
I'm not being combative, only asking questions that everyone here has been asking for almost 2-years now and not getting any answers.
Just give us the real story of what is going on at Washburn...
Is Washburn still making guitars or not?
Are they all now imports or is the custom shop still making the USA models?
Are Timbercrafts still being made?
Where are the NEW models that have been advertised since Jan2007?
What happened to all the dealers?

We keep seeing all those models on the website but none are in the stores. How on earth is anyone supposed to try & buy if we can't try? Not everyone buys guitars blind from an online retailer or can afford to travel to Chicago to see a new Washburn.
Just point us in a direction to find these new models... start with central Florida.

I'm not the Lone Ranger here... this used to be a booming community forum of close & dedicated Washburn owners all asking these same questions.
I totally understand if you don't have all of the answers at your fingertips... no one does. How about finding out what you don't know and posting back some answers?