Username: Password:

Author Topic: Timber Ridge Custom. D-64SW  (Read 5546 times)

Offline BrandonM

• View Profile
Timber Ridge Custom. D-64SW
« on: October 24, 2008, 04:35:36 PM »
This is my 1970 - 1980 D-64SW Acoustic Washburn guitar, it was a high quality Japanese guitar. it was owned by my grandfather Leonard Rivait.
This, sounds, feels, and plays like a dream, the best guitar I have EVER played. Tell me what you guys think!

Offline Tio Kimo

• you're never too old to be what you might've been
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 07:25:42 PM »
beautiful Brandon, worth keeping permanently even without the family history!

Was he an avid player? Did you have to have the frets done or the neck adjusted?

Quite a legacy. What kind of music are you playing (i read your other thread)

Note the web page. Get use to seeing that. This place tends to be a bit addictive. Just make sure you have an office chair with no arms, then it won't take as much time away from your practicing! [:D][:D]

~kimo

'03 Washburn Idol WI-67PROQTS
'04 Larrivee LV-03 w/ Fishman blend
Roland Cube 30X
Songworks Little Lanilei 3350LT
http://www.oldtownschool.org/
'95 Washburn D-55SW Cherokee (Bourgeois)
'04 Larrivée LV-03 w/ Fishman blend
'02 Heritage 535
'12 Heritage 150
'10 Larrivée RS-2
'11 Benford Tele
'12 Kirn Barn Buster
Marshall AS50D
Little Lanilei 3350LT
Champlifier
Boogie DC-2

Offline BrandonM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 01:21:34 PM »
haha, well, actually my office chair has arms, but when I angle the guitar just right, I can play, and search the web at the same time! Haha, am I lazy or what?
The music I play, well, it's all verry different, it goes from rock like Rock you like a hurricane, by the Scorpions to stuff like Awake, by Secondhand Serenade, I am verry open to the different kinds of music I play. But right now I have just a cheap $50 - $75 electric (Crescent) and soon im thinking of saving up for a nice electric, something like a PRS GE SE Custom I think it's called, but overall I want the J7, but the chances are, not going to happen soon, If it were to happen, I would probably completely change the pickups, to something a bit heavier.

About the frets, and the neck adjustments, no, I haven't had anything done to it, Next chance I get to out of town, Im going to get it looked at and everything.

Offline Pike

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 01:56:45 PM »
quote:
but overall I want the J7
Be sure to contact Squint if you go after a J7. He is quite knowledgable when it comes to Washburn's jazz guitars and may have helpful information he could share with you.

Offline BrandonM

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2008, 02:05:27 PM »
Oh, ok, thanks Pike.

Offline Pike

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2008, 09:33:50 PM »

Mine's on the left Brandon, yours is on the right.

Offline BrandonM

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2008, 09:46:32 PM »
Only difference of mine, from the one in the picture, is the headstock is the same colour as the back of the guitar.
But, nice, im proud to have such a nice guitar, and even prouder to have a guitar that my grandfather would play to me, so I would fall asleep to as a child.