Username: Password:

Author Topic: Just bought a WM-24 and Im have a few questions.  (Read 4493 times)

Offline LKVWSHRED

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/lakeviewva
Just bought a WM-24 and Im have a few questions.
« on: February 18, 2010, 01:23:35 PM »
Hey guys, Im brand new to the forum, and brand new to using washburn guitars. I picked up a brand new WM-24 renegade in the white finish. I love the guitar, it looks amazing, and plays amazing.

I have one problem though.

The Randall pickups have a great tone, but for some reason, my bridge pickup (Randall Ultra XL) is SUPER Bassy. I have never heard a pickup with this much bass response. My problem with this is that the pickup lacks low end clarity. I have tried to mess with the amps im using and even turned the bass all the way down, and i am still not getting low end clarity. still super bassy. I have messed around with lowering the pickup and it is helping a good amount.

I guess what I want to ask is:

has anyone has experience with this specific pickup and/or problem?? If its just made that way then I will switch them out for actives, possibly seymour duncan blackouts.

The amps I've been playing through are

Krank Revolution 1
Peavey 6505
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7.

Thanks for checking this out guys I appreciate it. I would just love to understand this. I will post pictures of this beauty soon.

Offline Bloodrose

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 02:55:19 PM »
Hi! Welcome and congrats!  Great axes!!  I didnt have that problem with mine.. Honestly the pickup is kinda one dimensional and is made for heavy chunking.   I play thru a JCM 800 and Im sure that has more high midrange than the amps you are using.  
 I like the tone of the direct mount pickups, but you cant lower them if you need to adjust..  Try adjusting the poles..

I changed the pickups in mine to a Duncan Jazz neck and a Duncan Alternative 8 in the bridge and couldnt be happier!  The alt 8 has a huge tone but not muddy..

Good luck!  Let us know what you end up doing!

Offline LKVWSHRED

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/lakeviewva
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 12:02:22 AM »
Thank you so much. im gunna keep messing with the positioning of the humbucker.

Offline Duke

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 08:19:37 AM »
Check the tone control, sound like it might be full on, maybe the wiring is shorted

Offline terfins

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 06:01:21 AM »
Hi
i have a renegade Indonesia prod. Shouldent there be corbonglas on the freetboard? Like the advertisement says? I can feel the wood (little craks) al the way between freets? it costs about 600 dollars in my country, and have floyd rose (written with strange type off letters on the system...) and EMG pickups. This is brand new guitar, and the production errors in paint is easey to se..... Not a good impression.. it looks cheap, to me.. can enyone tell where the carbonglas is?