Username: Password:

Author Topic: Washburn KC-70V  (Read 1988 times)

Offline razor_fever

• View Profile
Washburn KC-70V
« on: July 18, 2010, 07:18:23 PM »
Hey everyone, new here and looking to add a Washburn to my 2 Ibanez and one Dean. It's a KC-70V, serial #8022244. The other ones I looked at online had a H-S-S config but this one has a H-H. Any ideas of what it might be worth? This guitar has been heavily customized with all gold hardware and the top is covered in mother-of-pearl. The customization is probably not to everyone's taste, I'm not even 100% sold on it but the wife liked it so I guess that means it's ok to buy. Just looking for an idea of what a KC-70V in good stock condition might be worth. Thanks

Offline razor_fever

• View Profile
Washburn KC-70V
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 07:36:46 PM »
Well according to vintagewashburn.com the MSR was $650. So I am thinking one in good shape might be in the $300-400 ranger today. Not sure, I am hardly an expert on guitars.

Offline darreno27

• View Profile
    • http://www.vintagewashburn.com
Washburn KC-70V
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 08:58:29 PM »
MSRPs on Washburns don't reflect value today because there is no market for them, unfortunately (except for a few models of course).  $1500 USA MGs can go for $300 on ebay.  The KC90/100 can maybe get around there but your 70 is most likely not worth much -- maybe a couple hundred.

--------------------------
www.vintagewashburn.com

Offline razor_fever

• View Profile
Washburn KC-70V
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 09:04:54 PM »
Thanks for the response. I think to the right person this one might be worth more, just due to the custom work. Some people will hate it, others will have to have it. So if I ever resell I just need to find the right person.

Offline the_high_number

• View Profile
Washburn KC-70V
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 09:27:16 AM »
In the UK most of the KC70s seem to go for anywhere between $60 and $150 (though the one i saw go that high didn't meet the reserve, had a lovely flame maple top though, but it was under a sunburst finish, was crying out to be stripped!!)