Username: Password:

Author Topic: Truss rod size  (Read 988 times)

Offline mmmtacos

• View Profile
Truss rod size
« on: May 16, 2011, 11:07:20 PM »
I just picked up a minty Padauk NX6 last weekend. I've been really diggin this guitar! After a few days I got the allen wrenches out to set the action the way I like it (vintage style trem). I checked the relief on the neck and it has almost none, so I tried the wrenches I had on hand but none of them fit.

It has 10s on it now and I'll be replacing them with 9s soon and it will deffinately need an adjustment then for sure.

Anybody know the size?

Pics coming soon whe I can find my camera. For some reason I can't sync my iPhone with my computer so I'll have to do it the old fashioned way - cheers

« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 11:32:59 PM by mmmtacos »
Bob

Offline mmmtacos

• View Profile
Truss rod size
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 11:28:18 PM »
Oh, I just remembered - Hi, my name is Bob. I'm a guitar addict. I have owned one Washburn before but it was an import MG plywood bodied guitar. I currently own around 15-18 guitars. I haven't counted lately - lol.

I got this NX6 for 399 with (non original) case. i think I did alright. At first I knew it was a Nuno style body, but it had a regular righty head, and I had never seen one like this with a vintage 6 screw trem on it. So I passed. I then went home and it was bugging me that if this was what i thought it was, I would be a fool to pass it up. My thinking was that I knew Nuno used PRS for a while and the trem on this one is like as PRS with a wrap around deal on top of the trem securing the saddles from latteral movement. SO I thought just maybe it was one of his sigs (but then again no signature)There was very little on this particular model online. But I did find a list pricerange of $999 to 1850, a big range but even at the lowest end of tha scale, $999, then $399 had to be a steal.

Also when I first tried it out I noticed the Made in USA on the head. The hangtag said X-50, and nothing I searched with that model number was even close to the same guitar, (Little did I know it was a custom shop model -lol)

The thing that kept bugging me the most was the way the guitar just fit me. It felt awesome with the natural finish and the way it was shaped spoke to me. And it sounded incredible with the Duncans in it. I assumed they were original but I really didnt care at that point. I pulled the elec. cav. tonite and the wiring is perfect and unmolested.

I'll pull the screws when I get the strings off and check exactly what Duncans are in her. (I'm sure someone here already knows - lol) They are standard screw/slug buckers. Not Dimes. I think I read somewhere that the bridge is a special pup made just for this model, similar to a CC.

Geez, I'm rambling now. But I can't help it.

I've caught the bug. I need me an N4 now.

So, how did I do?

Bob

Offline mmmtacos

• View Profile
Truss rod size
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 10:48:15 PM »
Chirp, chirp, chirp....(crickets)

Sure is quiet in here.............................
Bob