Username: Password:

Author Topic: Anyone know what Model, Year, estimate Value this washburn acoustic is?  (Read 2442 times)

Offline whipsy77

• View Profile
Hi guys

Have had this acoustic for over 10 years now, great guitar, have recently been looking for info on it but to no avail, any of you guys know much about it?

Offline philpm

• View Profile
Whipsy, welcome to the forum!

Based on the label, you have a D-10, all laminate mahogany guitar in a wine red finish, built in China in 2002.  The D-10 line is said to be the biggest selling model.  Nice looking guitar, and I really like that finish on it.  Current value on that one probably runs around $130-150.  Is that an original Washburn case with it?  And how do you like the sound of it?  Always the most important consideration.
On and off newbie player for about 20 years.

'08 Washburn WD-114SK (currently residing in Denver)
'10 Washburn WMJ11S
'09 Cherry Epiphone Dot
'13 Epiphone Thunderbird IV

Offline whipsy77

• View Profile
Whipsy, welcome to the forum!

Based on the label, you have a D-10, all laminate mahogany guitar in a wine red finish, built in China in 2002.  The D-10 line is said to be the biggest selling model.  Nice looking guitar, and I really like that finish on it.  Current value on that one probably runs around $130-150.  Is that an original Washburn case with it?  And how do you like the sound of it?  Always the most important consideration.

Thanks for the welcome and Info.. much appreciated.

The case that is with it, Has no washburn markings on it, So would assume it is not an original Washburn case?  The guitar sounds and plays great.. Unfortunately it generally gets neglected and just sits in my wardrobe though.

Offline cmac84

• View Profile
    • REO Shitwagon, Uncooperatives, Voodoo Sun
Might want to give it a little refreshing tune up and set it up how you like it. It's realistically a far better sounding instrument then any in it's price range. I would keep it rather than sell it (unless I just simply needed the cash, but that's a personal issue).

The comparisons at that price mark just don't even come close (except perhaps some Takamines)
Dean Dime Razorback (V255)
Charvel DS1-FR
Chandler Custom Build
Charvel Model 3
ESP-LTD Eclipse
Washburn KC-70, KC90, KC-Prototype (mystery git)
Washburn X11 (modded)
Warwick Corvette
1965 Harmony HB series
Yamaha RXD

Ibanez T4120 Head
Fender HM412 Cab

Taye Drums

Offline chorizo06

• View Profile
I have a D1Q/VS. Ser.# 90608584. I would love any information. Mainly why I can't find anywhere online to get am price quote. All the sites say unavailable because it has been discontinued. Would this make it more valuable. But like I said any info would be greatly appreciated.

Offline cmac84

• View Profile
    • REO Shitwagon, Uncooperatives, Voodoo Sun
Washburns, while great instruments unfortunately face the same de-valuation as buying an Aston Martin DBS.

I.E they are worth about 50% less the minute you drive it off the lot :)
Dean Dime Razorback (V255)
Charvel DS1-FR
Chandler Custom Build
Charvel Model 3
ESP-LTD Eclipse
Washburn KC-70, KC90, KC-Prototype (mystery git)
Washburn X11 (modded)
Warwick Corvette
1965 Harmony HB series
Yamaha RXD

Ibanez T4120 Head
Fender HM412 Cab

Taye Drums