Username: Password:

Author Topic: N2 Natural $335 new & shipped  (Read 2099 times)

Offline dreamliner77

• View Profile
N2 Natural $335 new & shipped
« on: November 05, 2014, 11:47:22 PM »
A good deal popped up at World Music Supply.  I almost bit on the Tattoo that had been on sale but was hoping the Natural would eventually go on sale.

http://slickdeals.net/f/7320566-washburn-nuno-bettencourt-n2-matte-finish-signature-series-electric-guitar-335-shipped-ac?v=1

Offline Jem Y

• View Profile
Re: N2 Natural $335 new & shipped
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 08:00:29 PM »
If you must get an N2, get the N2 Tattoo. The agathis body sound terrible. I have an N24 which is also an agathis bodied guitar. I have to change the pickups to the more sweet sounding gravity storms and liquifire to make it sound good. Believe me, its the wood. I installed the Bill Lawrence pickup into my basswood bodied guitar (JS24P) and it sound as good as hell in there. Heck, even the original washburn pickup sounds good!!

I wonder why Washburn make this guitar out of agathis and why Nuno 'endorsed' it. Hmmmmm

Offline Sudman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 08:34:53 PM »
I agree w/ Jem. The wood make a big differance!
I order this guitar from World music supply and I'm torn by it. It doesn't have the traditional logo, don't say signature series and it came we a "mild" vintage finish
I'm concerned it's not real!? It also sounds harsh. And the heal is huge and awkward when you get above the 15th fret. The headstock logo is really baffling to me. Doesn't look like any I've ever seen. Weird? I think I might start a thread about this product being offered by them...

Offline dreamliner77

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 03:40:07 AM »
What other thoughts do you have? I also bought this and it feels and looks like an N2 to me minus the Nuno Signature Series decal and the Buzz Feiten logo.  The harshness you hear is, I'm sure, from the BL USA pickup.  I kind of like the tone, at least through my rig.  I haven't torn it apart yet to see what the neck pickup is.  I'm curious as the outer markings (or lack thereof) don't look like any of the recent Washburn pickups.  I'm of the school of thought that the body wood doesn't make a huge difference in the overall tone.