Username: Password:

Author Topic: Tuning the guitar using the auto tuner  (Read 3749 times)

Offline jachimczyk778

• View Profile
Tuning the guitar using the auto tuner
« on: December 25, 2005, 01:37:26 PM »
how does the auto tuner work i just see a bunch of led lights and it also did not come with instructions on how to use it.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2005, 02:25:06 PM by jachimczyk778 »

Offline visigoth@prodigy.net

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2005, 08:51:46 AM »
If you get a response to your question, as to how to tune the guitar with the built-in electronic tuner, could you let me know?  My e-mail is visigoth@prodigy.net.  I e-mailed washburn last night.  If I get an answer I will post it to you also.  
Thanx!
ED

Offline Jnash

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2005, 10:05:13 PM »
Hi,  
Tuning the guitar with the auto tuner is not that hard.  First you turn on the power button, you will see a green light flashing.  Start with The 6th string at the top of the guitar.  Use your pick to gently strike only that string once and let the sound ring out. The lights located below where it says 6E should light up red.  Below that, where you see the 3 Led Lights, is what you need to watch to see if it lights up to left indicating that the note is flat and you need to tighten the string or if it lights up to right meaning the note is too sharp then you will need to loosen the string. Which ever is the case, turn the tuning key a litte at a time and strike the string once more, you will know that the  string is tuned when you see the middle LED light is steadily green. When you have the first string tuned continue on to the next string, striking only one string at a time until you are done.  Your guitar should sound great when you strike across all the strings at the same time.  Good Luck!

Offline visigoth@prodigy.net

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2005, 05:04:23 PM »
Thanx for the info on how to tune the guitar!
I figured it was something like that.
Unfortunately, without instructions, I wasn't sure if I was doing it right or not.
Since I have not musical experience (ability?) this is all new territory for me.
Again, thanx for the help!

Offline pppepper

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2005, 08:27:11 AM »
I've just bought my first guitar a D-12S. It has an auto tuner and I believe I need to install a battery. Problem is I'm not sure how to access the battery compartment.  It seems to be a slide but doesn't move and I don't want to ruin it. Can someone tell me how to get it open? It's labelled WT-2.

Peter

Offline Elysian

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2005, 02:44:49 PM »
If it is like the lyon electric tuner all you should have to do is pull up a bit and it will slide right out. It does seem a bit solid like it will break but it really shouldnt since Washburn knows how to build a good guitar.

Offline 39cntrygal

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2010, 12:51:35 PM »
I am trying to use the built in tuner.  I got the first string right away, but none of the other strings will tune to their corresponding light. The fourth string won't tune at all.  Should the string tune to the corresponding note on the tuner?  I put a new battery in and it did not help.