Username: Password:

Author Topic: pick-up problems  (Read 734 times)

Offline thunder83

• View Profile
pick-up problems
« on: June 18, 2006, 03:20:33 PM »
Just wondering if anyone has experienced the same problems and can give me some advice.  

I've owned my Washburn D-10CE for about six years now, and I put a LOT of time in on this guitar.  I treat it like my baby, and it's been very good for me.  

In the last month or so I have been noticing that when I plug in to the system (any system, not just one) I have good quality and volume (as usual) on the B and G strings, and decent volume on the D, but the two E's and the A strings are barely being picked up thru the ssytem.

I asked my local dealer what he thought (without looking at the guitar) and he said it can be either the saddle, preamp or pickups.  The guitar hasn't had any physical abuse, and nothing particular has happened lately.  

I will have to pay for labor as well as parts, ranging from $100CAD to $400 or more if I need to replace the preamp itself (these are approximated, of course).  

Any suggestions?  Is it hard to do the work myself, as I'm quite adept at working with my hands?

TIA