Username: Password:

Author Topic: orleans j-10 questions  (Read 940 times)

Offline epiptoad

• View Profile
orleans j-10 questions
« on: April 10, 2007, 07:54:13 PM »
perhaps someone can help me with info about the orleans J-10.  I can't figure out what year it is...the serial number is 149799.

I thought the year was typically the first 2 numbers.  I've had the guitar (largely hidden away in a case) since at least 97 so maybe it's a 97.  

Also, it has the number 2 and 'used' stamped into the back of the headstock.  Does anybody have any ideas what this means (what exactly about the guitar is 'used').  

Anyways, thanks in advance for your help.  The guitar plays very well.  I'm surprised it's lain used for so long.

Patrick

Offline mrmudcat

• View Profile
orleans j-10 questions
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 10:36:10 PM »
Sometimes it is the first 2 digits on older models or the first digit being the last number in the year.ID say yours is 1991.The used 2nd stamped means it left the factory with a flaw so they stamp it that way to insure no retailer turns around and sells it as new stock.It could be a very minor finish flaw to something as major as say a crack in the body.[;)]

Offline mrmudcat

• View Profile
orleans j-10 questions
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 10:46:11 PM »
These were nice guitars.ive provided two additional links from harmony central.(dont pay attention to the first reviewer who states the guitar was only made in 89 ,not true)The other is to the archives which shows it was made up till 1992.

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar/product/Washburn/J10/10/1

http://www.washburn.com/about/faq/archive.aspx
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 10:48:42 PM by mrmudcat »

Offline sllib

• View Profile
orleans j-10 questions
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 07:49:23 PM »
Patrick;
   Mine is a '94 and layed in it's case for about ten years due to my travels. I finally dragged it out, put a good set of strings on it and messed around with the set-up. I'm amazed at how sweet the neck is and how good it sounds unplugged. I have thought about changing the pickups out to a dual set-up like the J-9 but I don't want to cut the top and possibly ruin it's sweet tone. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I've enjoyed mine.
Bill

Washburn J-10 Orleans
Oscar Shmidt OE-30
Washburn J-10 Orleans
Oscar Schmidt OE-30